The Sales and Marketing Benefits of having a Mobile Research App for your Business
Wednesday, 4 January 2012 | Admin
Research firms in 2011 realized the results of getting closer to their clients and showcasing their research through branded Apps. The transcendent values of Apps for ease of use by clients are clear and now accepted by most analysts. These benefits include:
- Fast, easy to use, personal, focused access to the full catalogue of research offerings
- Direct contact for news of research events, new developments, featured items
- Filtered searches and customized client views on what research is important
Many benefits of a research App are not available through a mobile interface. These include:
- Online / offline availability of research reports to fit in the pressured life of research consumers
- Customized “push” services to alert busy clients of relevant new research, never blocked by spam filters
- Extremely fast load times and access regardless of internet access or speed
Along with the benefits for the research consumer, research firms now understand the way research Apps fill the needs of the research provided. Apps radically help to brand, market and ultimately increase sales for research firms. In today’s market, every possible edge is needed and having an App is becoming a standard of entry as a true research player.
As of January, 2012, searching the App store for “finance research” comes up with nearly one hundred entries (with more from worldflow than from any other provider.) Most top-tier investment banks are now represented, along with a wide range of other research houses.
What have the early adopters of research Apps realized about the advantages of Apps? Along with gains in market share and revenues, a huge marketing and business development bang for the buck. Morgan Stanley has been seen to put App enabled iPads into the literature racks at trade shows instead of printed handouts. Along with the obvious upgrades – apps are “green” (trees are not killed), multiple business development points accrue by leveraging Apps, none of which come with a mobile web effort:
- Having an App available for download from a research house brands that research provider as being modern, mobile, flexible and forward thinking
- Releasing an App creates a flood of publicity in reviews by an entire ecosystem of publishers, bloggers, and targeted review sites
- Having an App downloaded to a client’s mobile device means the research house is always seen on that client’s device
- An App is the prime channel to showcase branding, company awards, highlights, key staff, videos, etc.
- A new App provides a new talking point for research Sales to leverage with prospects
- Research clients will look through all research Apps in the App Store
- Launching an App with worldflow leverages our extensive SEO research PR (if desired.)
New paths to monetizing research are enabled by Apps, including “give away” copies - worldflow clients sometimes hand out mobile devices preloaded with research as a high-end marketing tool – which is particularly effective given the ability worldflow offers to track in detail what research the clients review and how they review it. As a very cost effective approach, some worldflow clients provide “free” teaser research through an App and only charge when the client is converted to a fulltime subscriber.
worldflow’s experience in satisfying research clients with worldflow Connect keeps growing, just like the rich results and features of our core, cost effective white label offering. Satisfy your existing clients, attract new prospects, and create revenues with a key research enhancement that doubles as a sales and marketing star.
Isn’t it time to discuss a fully branded research App of your own with worldflow?